A: I've read that it boosts the shadows a bit without loosing the highlights. I think that's an accurate description. I have a few samples here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/samfeinstei n/tags/dlight/ One is a composite showing both kinds of D-Lighting
What is hot?
- Nikon D300 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Self-cleaning sensor unit magnesium alloy construction with rubber gaskets and seals
- EXPEED Image Processing System and similar Scene Recognition System to that found in the D3
- 3.0-inch LiveView LCD display; new 51-point AF system
- Nikon D700 12.1MP FX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
- 3.0-inch, 920,000-dot VGA color monitor; 170-degree wide-angle viewing and tempered-glass protection
- 12.1-megapixel FX-format (23.9 x 36mm) CMOS sensor; body only
- Base ISO range from 200-6400 can be expanded to range from ISO 100 (Lo-1) to 25,600 (Hi-2); 0.12-second start-up speed
- Nikon D3S 12.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 24fps 720p HD Video Capability (Body Only)
- 12.1-megapixel, FX-format CMOS sensor; 720p HD video capture
- Low-noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 12,800; continuous shooting up to 9fps
- Fast, accurate 51-point AF system; Nikon EXPEED image processing
- Nikon D7000 DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Kit with 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR II ED Nikkor Lens
- Comes with 16GB SD Card, Nikon leather bag, two Nikon instructional DVD's
- High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots
- High Resolution 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS with 1080p Full-HD Video Mode Digital SLR Camera (Body)
- iFCL Metering with 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- New 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points with f/4.0 lens support and 5 dual diagonal AF points (sensitive to f/2.8).
- Newly designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L:50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light and next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
Predator Safari Wrap-up and Truth in Numbers
Andy Biggs is an avid adventurer, conservationist, teacher, and outdoor photographer whose photography celebrates the African landscape and its rich wildlife, people, and culture. With a deep respect and understanding for African wildlife, Andy unfolds the world of the Serengeti onto our doorstep with striking emotional depth. His photographic safaris allow the traveler to not only enhance their understanding of photography, lighting, and wildlife, but to develop a life-long admiration for Africa 's beauty and culture. Banana Republic recently used Andy's photographs as the cornerstone of their Urban Safari campaign, and his images were seen in all 750 stores around the globe, as well as in their billboards, catalogs and annual report. Andy was also the winner of the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year in the 'Wild Places' category in 2008 and a highly commended in the 'Creative Visions of Nature' category in 2007. Andy launched Gura Gear in 2008, in an attempt to deliver lightweight camera bags to the market. Andy was looking for a lightweight camera bag to hold all of his photographic gear, and there was nothing desirable on the market that suited his needs. After spending 2 years with many prototypes, the Gura Gear Kiboko bag was born.