A: The D100 is an old DX camera - cropped sensor.
Nikon's only full frame dSLRs are the D700 and the D3 series.
As for lens compatibility with the D100, all Nikon AF lenses will work perfectly,
What is hot?
- Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
- Perfect for vast amounts of HD video and high-resolution images
- Compatible with all SDHC-labeled host devices (not compatible with standard SD)
- Lifetime warranty, the data storage solution you can trust
- Nikon D700 12.1MP FX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
- Fast, accurate 51-point AF system; 3D Focus Tracking and two Live View shooting modes
- Base ISO range from 200-6400 can be expanded to range from ISO 100 (Lo-1) to 25,600 (Hi-2); 0.12-second start-up speed
- Capture images to CF I/II cards; compliant high-speed UDMA CF cards that will enable recording speeds up to 35 megabytes/second
- Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Nikon's most compact FX-format HD-SLR,Limited 1-Year Warranty.
- Cinema-quality Full HD (1080p)
- Compatible with all NIKKOR lenses, FX and DX formats
- Nikon D7000 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR with 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED Nikkor Lens
- High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots
- Breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus
- Dynamic ISO range from 100 to 6400
- Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Digital SLR with Full 1080p HD Video (Body Only)
- Full 1080p HD broadcast quality video,One Year Limited Warranty
- 10/11 frames per second continuous shooting in FX-format for up to 150 frames
- Multi-Area Mode Full HD D-Movie: FX, DX (1.5X crop) and New 1920X1080 (2.7X) Crop modes settings
Is Nikon D100 A Full Frame Camera?
As for lens compatibility with the D100, all Nikon AF lenses will work perfectly, whether specifically made for and labeled DX or not. You can also use old manual focusing Nikon AI and AI-S lenses, even though manual focusing with the D100’s small viewfinder can be a p.i.t.a. and non-CPU lenses will not meter (the lens need to have a chip to communicate metering information with the D100). See page 177 of the manual: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/… Third party lenses? Any Tamron/ Tokina/ Sigma/ etc. lens that’s sold with a Nikon F mount and has auto-focus should also work beautifully. For extra reach, third party tele converters by Kenko (etc.) also work, although you’ll still have to make sure that the TC you buy is a good match for the specific lens you want to use it on.